New Year, New Wedding Website
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010 at 12:07pm
Mr. Knight immediately started building us a wedding website the day after we got engaged (a whole 2 years ago). So, at the time, we quickly picked some wedding colors (blue & green) and he got to work. Now that our invitations are about to head out in the mail on Monday morning (eek! I’m jittery with excitement!), we felt we needed to update our wedding website, since we are referring our guests to our website in our invitations, for further details (directions, detailed menu, registry, etc).
Okay… so I have to tell you, Mr. Knight and I have been putting off the wedding website re-design for weeks. As I like to say ‘we were avoiding it like the plague.’ This past weekend, Mr. Knight took matters into his own hands and forced both of us to sit down and re-design the site. I was kicking and screaming the whole time, as I felt watching my recorded shows, Grey’s Anatomy and Keeping Up with the Kardashians, were more fun.
With the re-design (well it was more of a color change, and landing page change), our new color scheme (aqua & yellow), and our new design palette I developed over winter break, were incorporated.
Before: our old design colors and fonts…
The picture the slide show is currently on is from Mr. Knight’s 21st Birthday Party. Mama Knight surprised him by flying in from Arizona for it! Of course, Mr. Knight said he wasn’t surprised and said that I gave it away because I kept saying “We have a super big surprise for you, for your birthday!” over, and over again, for the week leading up. What can I say? I get really excited about surprises!
After: our beautiful color and header change!
Do you recognize that picture? Yup, that would be from our UF Engagement shoot, shot by the wonderful Ben and Amy of Starks Photography. Umm… do you totally love the little ‘love birds’ kissing on our header? I DO!!! (wait, let me practice for the big day)
I do, I do, I DO!
The changes included:
- New header
- Color change and font change on each of the pages
- Slideshow of our Engagement Pictures and Blue Springs pictures on the main page (it was originally a mash-up of pictures of the two of us over the 7 1/2 years we’ve been together)
- addition of the “Videos” page
- addition of the “Registry” page (my new favorite page, but not my favorite for what you think… check out below!)
Still need to do:
- “How We Met” Page – Yes… I know this should be the ‘easiest’ page, but Mr. Knight and I’s story is a long one that spans several years, so it is tough to get it all out in print. A few summers ago, we went back home and visited all the ‘big’ places in our lives (our schools, and the auditorium where we first started dating) with a video camera and taped our “How We Met.” But… I was in a grumpy mood that day, and was extremely uncomfortable standing with a video camera outside our old schools video taping, so I’ve deemed all the footage ‘un-watchable.’
- “Wedding Details” Page – This page will be filled with information from directions to our Wedding, Accommodations, and detailed Menu information (of which, Mr. Knight is currently working on).
I said above that my new favorite page is our Registry page. Not for the reasons you might be thinking, but because of the great design of it! Check it out below…
I absolutely love the palm tree on this page, and the little wrapped gifts. Can you guess who made those? Mr. Knight!! I feel so lucky to have such a creative and talented sweety. By far, one of the prettiest pages on our wedding website!
Did you have to make any changes to wedding stuff you had already done/created because of a wedding color/theme/style change?