Now, I’m not a big cook. Just ask anyone in my family. Mr. Knight does the bulk of the cooking while I do the baking. I love making yummy holiday treats to share with our friends and family. When I saw this easy recipe for Peppermint Bark over on Shannon’s blog, Shannanigans, I knew I had to try it. Just look at those results! Yum Yum!
Mine didn’t turn out looking exactly like Shannon’s bark. My bottom layer blended a little too much with my top layer of white chocolate (I was a little hasty and didn’t wait till the bottom layer was completely solid). Either way, super pretty or not, it all goes to the same place and tastes amazing going down. :)
Here’s her recipe:
What you’ll need –
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 bag of Starlight peppermint candies (you really need only 20 pieces)
- Lay a piece of parchment (or wax, as we did) paper on a cookie sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips. I did as she mentioned, doing a double boiler with a bowl over boiled water.
- Spread the melted chocolate on the parchment/wax paper in the cookie sheet. Place in fridge.
- Place 20 unwrapped peppermint candies in a ziploc bag and smash those babies into little pieces. We didn’t have a meat cleaver so I used a metal orange squeezer (is that what they’re called?).
- Melt the white chocolate chips.
- Sift the mints to separate the small pieces from the dust and mix the dust into the melted white chocolate (yum yum).
- Take the cookie sheet out of the fridge and spread the white chocolate on top and finish it off by sprinkling the small peppermint pieces on top.
- Throw that puppy in the fridge and wait 20 minutes. I might suggest waiting a bit longer, or even leaving them overnight, as ours took awhile to “set.”
- After waiting an excruciating long time to eat these treats, take them out of the fridge and break them into pieces.
- Feed to husband.
What treats do you plan to make this holiday season?